Thursday, April 9, 2009

An Easy Easter Craft

Ahhh...the fond memories of dyeing eggs with my sisters. Fussing over who got to drop the little tablet into the little cup filled with the yummy smelling vinegar. Fussing over who got to dip in the pink first and then by the same token get to choose the stickers first.

Then the fussing, whining, screaming and kicking over having to eat those hard boiled eggs that were now a very unpleasant stained color.

My sweet mother-in-law whom I love very dearly (I am truly blessed) loves to do project with my Little Cheese. I think it is alot of fun for Little Cheese to have the opportunity to get to do this with Grandma-you know for the memories. But I won't do it on my own. Too many years of trauma from those funky eggs.

So, instead I offer you an Easter dyeing craft that has so many possibilities!
Dye cone shaped coffee filters!

They become such sweet little baskets that can be filled with a little Easter grass with all kinds of easter trinkets. A plastic egg with a little note that says "He is risen" and filled with some jelly beans....or something like that. Then, those little baskets become such a wonderful gift to give to the older congregation at our church. It is amazing how much someone enjoys getting a simple craft that a child has made. Especially when they no longer have little children in their lives that might do so.

So here we go...

1 Start with a clean cone...

















2. Fold it over a couple of times
















3. Take one corner and dip it into the paint which has been really watered down.
















4. Like this..
















5. Keep going with all the corners..
































6. Then open it and let them dry out.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cute craft. I dont like all the boiled eggs either that is why I stopped boiling my eggs to dye. We dyed 2 dozen and not one was boiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat idea. I am also not a fan of waisting the eggs to dye. I can't bear eating them afterwards either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. My kids love to eat the boiled eggs.

    I tagged you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.