I have found a little inexpensive trick that I want to share. One of my pet peeves is having books that do not lay flat when you are writing in them. See how this book wont stay open unless I hold it? I love books to lay flat on a table when a little student is trying to write in them. A couple of our student books do not do that. Last year I pulled out every page, stuck it into a file folder and then when the page was complete it went into another file folder. Ugh! I say to that.

I was seriously looking at investing in a binding machine so that I could tear out all of the pages in our math and writing books and then spiral bind them. These machines are not cheap nor are some of them really easy to work.
An idea came to me to call Kinko's Fedex and see if they spiral bind books. To my surprise they do and they do not charge an arm and a leg to do it. They charge $4.99 for spiral binding and $3.99 for comb binding. They also have a teacher card that gives you %15 off your purchase. This is going to save me so much money and time. See how the spiral lets the book layflat and open and even fold back onto itself.


I pulled out every page and then took it to Kinko's the lady told me I should have left it all intact and just brought it to them. I'm up for that!!
More time saved, cha-ching!
Can I get an amen?
(Kim is my dear friend and has awesome ideas on homeschooling.)


Great idea!
ReplyDeleteLove it! My husband does this all the time but it never crossed my mind to do this for the children. Thanks!
ReplyDelete