Sunday, January 10, 2010
Chutes and L(ADD)ers
Here is a new twist on a wonderful board game, Chutes and Ladders. Little Cheese and I needed to practice on adding and subtracting so, in an effort to make it more interesting, I went searching for a game.
Chutes and L(ADD)ers actually makes a great game for adding and subtracting. Instead of using the usual game piece that is used to determine how many spaces you use, I pulled out a couple dice. A roll of the dice determined the numbers that we were subtracting (smallest from largest). So, if a six and two were rolled, the player would move four (4) spaces. This game can also be used by utilizing flash cards.
This game also works well with adding the two dice together-it just makes the game go a little faster.
Little Cheese loved it and can't wait to play again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love it! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteCool idea. My daughter loves playing games!
ReplyDelete