Thursday, January 28, 2010

Homemade Lace Up Cards

The other day I had a brilliant idea (ok, brilliant to me....maybe not on the genius end of things) that I could make Manny homemade lace up cards.  He really enjoys doing things that he has to concentrate on and I thought these would be perfect.

Here is what I did.  I printed off a panda coloring page.  Little Cheese is learning about China and we were going to be discussing panda's so I thought this way Manny would be included.  Then I used a glue stick and glued the picture to a manila folder.  Anything sturdy could work, including cereal boxes!

Then, once dry I cut out the picture close to the lines but left a border of white.  Using a hole punch, I went around the edges and created the lacing holes.  A piece of string later and we were off!
















For a boy who wakes up with jumping beans in his PJs, he sat still for a good 30 minutes doing this!  He also enjoyed coloring the picture when he was done.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome idea!!! I'm definitely using this with my 4 year old! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.