Monday, February 15, 2010

My Family- Blog Hop Week 2

I would first like to thank Our Worldwide Classroom for coming up with the wonderful idea to host this blog hop.  For more details, click here...

This weeks theme is "My Family" so here is a little about us.

I met my husband when I was 17 and a senior in public high school.  I had gone to visit a friend of mine who was a freshman in college and she introduced me to the cutest guy that I had ever met (and also a senior in college which, of course, made him extremely awesome).  My friend and I along with my new found crush and his roomate hung out together for several hours.  My crush grew with each moment.

Two days later, my friend from college called me.  She said that my crush was sitting beside her and he wanted her to ask me to go "steady, you know, date only him and he would date only me".  I said yes!  We were married two years later!


















My husband is....a high school Earth Science teacher.  This is his 12th year teaching and absolutely loves his job.  His undergrad is in Geology and actually worked in this profession prior to going back and getting his Masters to teach.  Several years later he received his National Board Certification.  But he is so much more than a teacher.

















He is a wonderful Daddy, a wonderul example of a Christian husband, a self taught 18th century cabinetmaker, a self taught mechanic, a webmaster, a wonderful son to his parents, a RC airplane and car fanatic, and besides too many other things to go on about, my best friend.

In 2002 we had our first child, Little Cheese.  We were in way over our heads.  We loved her, played with her, taught her, read the same books a thousand times, painted, painted, colored.....
She is my firstborn.  She is warm, thoughtful, giving, a perfectionist, an amazing artist, and an amazing big sister....

















In 2005 we had Manny.  My husband and I were so taken with our daughter and how "wonderful" she was that we desperately wanted another girl.  We knew what to do with a girl.  The day that I went for the ultrasound, my husband could not be with me.  So, I asked the technician to keep the sex of the baby a secret and to put that picture in an envelope.  Then I closed my eyes as she took the picture and I heard 4 letters on the keyboard being punched.  A girl!  Another girl!  I was giddy as I drove to my husband's work so that we could look at the picture together.  I pulled it out of the envelope and it say BOY!  Those were the four key punches.  B-O-Y-!

















Manny is a complete boy, my go all the timer, spinner,  jumper, snuggler, play-doh-playing, stick carrying, sweet, sweet, sweet little Man.  He doesn't like to sit still, doesn't like to color, doesn't like to sit quietly and listen to stories, and loves to sing loudly!  He is a 360 opposite of my daughter.   And he is learning to be a great big brother....

In 2008 our second daughter, Goosie was born.  She is the love bug of our lives.  From the moment she was born, she has wanted to be held close.  She loves to dance and sing and play everything that her big brother and sister are playing.

















Our family is complete.  It is amazing how knowing that is powerful.  We have the family that God has planned on us to have and it is completely wonderful.
















       

MckLinky Blog Hop

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet intro to your family! It's nice to "meet" you through this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you and nice to see you joining in with the hop. Oh dear my heart skipped a beat also when I read BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing yourselves with us. It's nice to meet you on the this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! You have an adorable family!

    My husband loves the RC helicopters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! We have a girl, boy, then girl as well. I remember wanting another girl so much because I didnt know what to do with a boy. Of course, I am glad we got a boy :). How cool that your DH makes cabinets! I bet yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice family - beautiful children! That is great that your husband is a teacher - does he help with teaching? Nice to meet you! :) Signed up to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family. Signed up to follow your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great family. It was great to meet you through the blog hop. I just started following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet reflection & beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is just adorable! I am now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your blog with us! Boys are so much different than girls! I am now following your blog! Thanks again1

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun story. After our fourth- yes, a girl too, all girls, we knew our family was complete. And you are right, that knowledge is such a powerful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! Nice to meet you! I'm another mommy whose heart skipped a beat when they told us we were having a boy. What? We don't make boys...lol (;

    Going to 'follow' you! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful family! Your kiddos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Family!!! God is Good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very glad to have met you and been introduced to your family through this blog hop. Love the way the ultrasound tech surprised you with the sex of the baby, really slick. Am following your blog now. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.