
My little Manny (4 years old) won't sit still for much. He is a start a project and be done with it in 5 minutes kinda little guy. However, he has a fondness for sorting. He will sort pom-poms, beads, stickers, skittles, or anything else that can be sorted.
So this week we set out to do alot of sorting and found new love for cupcake liners.
I found these awesome stickers at my local Dollar store. I simply put one of each shape into a cupcake holder and then put the stickers to be sorted in two other liners.
We are talking 15 minutes of pure enjoyment. Then, the sorting requirements can be changed for color and size.
Then I wrote number in the bottom of some of the liners and Manny had to put the correct number of stickers in each liner.
And to keep my little Goosie entertained while big sister and brother were working, I gave her a task as well...
My 20 month old strung fruit loops onto a pipe cleaner. Pure magic I tell you! I didn't have to worry about her putting them in her mouth as she worked and she loved it!






I love the cupcake liner idea! Pure genious :)
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas! I am sometimes lucky to get more then 15 minute spurts here too. Love the Fruit Loop activity for your little one!
ReplyDeleteCupcake liners are a great idea to use for sorting ~ and I laughed at the fruit loops and not having to worry about her eating them! :)
ReplyDeletegreat idea - we have the same foam stickers - what a fun way to do math! :)
ReplyDeleteI like cupcake liner sorting - have to keep it in mind for the future.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas with the cupcake holders!
ReplyDeleteCupcake liners are wonderful tools, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and have really enjoyed reading it. We're considering starting home schooling next year. I have a first grader, a 3 year old and 20 month old. I look forward to reading about more of your great ideas!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. Come on over to get your award.
ReplyDeleteLove the hands on ideas! I call them "playful learning activities". I blog about homepreschool and more at www.susanlemons.wordpress.com
ReplyDelete