I just recently ran across the most wonderful blog, Homeschool Creations. I have been participating in the weekly Preschool Corner that is hosted by Jolanthe through her blog and I have learned so much! The projects and printables that Jolanthe puts together and offers FREE OF CHARGE are absolutely amazing and my Little Manny loves them!
Last week, I noticed this printable located on the left hand side of her blog called Color Matching Cards (image being lovingly borrowed from her site)
"There are 10 pages/colors shown in this set with 6 cards on each page. One of the cards shows a 'base' color. The base colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, black and white." (I borrowed exactly how Jolanthe described them because I simply could not come up with better words!)
I did the following with these cards:
1. I cut them and put the color cards in front of Manny and then mixed up the other cards with images on them and had him separate the image cards by color.
2. I took the color card and one matching image card for each color represented. I mixed them up, put them on the floor upside down and had the perfect matching game!
3. My Little Cheese saw how much fun we were having and so she played an additional game of matching with him.
4. We separated the image cards by Living/Non Living.
5. We separated the image cards by person/animal/bug, food, plant, thing
All in all, we loved these cards!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad you all are enjoying them! Our kids love them too.
ReplyDeleteMake sure your copy has gray too!! Someone asked me to add it, so I did. You can at least print off the one page you might be missing! :)
Thanks so much for linking back!! There's more to come soon!