Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stamp it out!

One of my favorite tools, not only for my 1st grader but also for my preschooler are rubber letter stamps.
My daughter uses them to stamp out her spelling list. It takes a little while but it is a welcome change to just having to write them over and over. My son just enjoys mimicking what my daughter does by stamping on paper.

Here's what I use:
A set of individual letter rubber stamps
Magic Markers
Paper
Wet & Dry Paper towels










Take the marker and color the rubber stamp. Quickly stamp the paper with the letter. Place it on wet then dry paper towel to clean it. Continue with next letter stamps until word is spelled.

2 comments:

  1. You are just so creative! We have some great stamps but I can never find good ink pads. I never though of using a marker. Thanks for the idea!

    Love the new blog and layout. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! I think it would be a great way to get my 4 year old more interested in letters and numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.