Friday, March 20, 2009

1st grade phonics

Today as I was doing my visits around all of my blog friends, I ran across this post at Morgan Madness. I enjoyed it so much that it reminded me to post this get well note that Little Cheese wrote for me.
















(Translation: I hope you get better even though you are sick. I will love you for ever)

Now, Daddy did help with the word "though" but he only admitted it after I oohh'd and ahh'd over the fact that she wrote it herself. My favorite word that she wrote and misspelled is "git". At least where I live we do pronounce the word "git" instead of "get". Confusing the English language is.

Something that we did to help encourage Little Cheese and now Manny to practice writing was to put up a small piece of white board on the side of our pantry. They both love using the white board markers. It is also very conducive to sitting down and playing games like hangman, word scramble, etc...without using paper!

3 comments:

  1. too cute!! I like Bedr!!!
    hey a awhile back on a homeschool blog I saw someone had used those magazine holders to organize their books by sbject. have you come across this link? I can't find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet :-) Stopping by from SITS: Have a great weekend with your lovely family. Love, Evi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet! What a good idea to keep that whiteboard so handy as well! It's giving your children many opportunities to write! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.