Several months ago I stared at an empty egg carton that I had and just knew that I could use it for something in homeschooling. Why throw away such a great tool that can be used for sorting things?
The idea on how to use it did not come to me until later when I spied a bag of letter tiles in a box of manipulatives that I have. I took that old egg carton/sorter and put it on the table in front of my three year old. Then, I poured the letter tiles out on the table in front of him

Because there are at least duplicates of every letter tile, I put one letter tile in each hole. Then I told my son to find a matching tile and put it on top of the tile in the hole. It was so simple, but he loved it! Not only did it keep his attention for more than 10 minutes, it was also something that he wanted to sit down and play later as I was fixing dinner! Whoo-hoo!

This is a re-post from October. I didn't have any thing to share from this week but wanted to participate! I hope forgiveness will be granted, including posting another sorting task!



So simple, yet so fun! Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea!! Thanks for sharing with us. :)
ReplyDeleteJolanthe
What a great idea! Very creative & fun way to learn! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! This is so creative, I often look at my empty egg cartons wondering what I can do with them!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. I recently posted about using some 18 count egg cartons to organize our movable alphabet. To think, I now have another idea for those egg cartons in the closet.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. I will do this soon.
ReplyDeleteVery cool idea! I saw these tiles at Staples and almost bought them. Now I need them :) I have an award for you on my blog ourcountryroad.blogspot.com.
ReplyDelete