Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 3 of Homeschooling

We had a great start to our year last week....until my husband became ill on Tuesday evening and ended up with a two night (not all expense paid) mini vacation in the hospital.  He left without a gallbladder.   So, we are starting again.

Over the long weekend, I made a daily wall.  The idea is not mine...I must give credit to Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations.  Almost everything on my wall is straight from her blog.  She also credits several people for ideas that go along with hers. 
















I also copied her workbox grid and daily "to do" items.  Jolanthe has one grid for each child and one grid per day.  This way she can organize an entire week's worth of "to do" for each child.  She is even color coded.  I am not that put together.  I will simply put what Little Cheese and Manny are to do each day and then start again the next.

















Jolanthe has made awesome AWANA verse printables.  We will put a verse in this holder which is actually just the bottom of a sheet protector.  It also has space for the weekly Sunday School verse.  It is front and center and can be reviewed at any point.
_____________________________________________________

Something very rare has happened.  Manny remembered doing a fireman lapbook that Jolanthe created and has been begging to do it again.  I was finally able to get it put together today.  I did things just a little different than Jolanthe and just wanted to show you quickly....

















I like to use envelopes for my holders.  I simply cut off the tab and then glue it on.
















Also, for the Fire Hydrant colors, instead of having Manny simply color the hydrants once, I used the appropriate crayon and colored the color word.  Then I made extra copies of the hydrants and colored them, cut them out, and laminated them like this....
















This way we can play over and over again.

A sincere thanks to Jolanthe and all of her blogging friends who have been such inspirations to me and the beginning of our year!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea with the fire hydrant game!! :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband getting sick. Thank goodness he is fine now! I also love Jolanthe's ideas and printables!

    Cute lapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for envelopes. I probably have hundreds, lol. Since everyone is online these days it's taking me years to use them all. Thanks for a great idea. It'll also be a big time saver.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.